I'm pretty excited and honored to be speaking at OTA 14: Fargo on September 12th. The fact that these guys are giving me the chance to share my story and thoughts on creativity is a big opportunity for me, and I'm not taking it lightly. Over the last couple of weeks I've spent time being mentored in preparation for my talk by several very successful creative types, including Adam Leipzig (former president of National Geographic Films!?!?!?).
I recently got to spend the day in Fargo working on a 24-hour photo project that will be displayed at OTA on September 12th. I was followed around for a while by the lovely Penny Burns and she put this short film together of me doing my thing. Have a look.
I'm a very lucky human being and the support I've received by my friends, family and community is truly amazing.
Wish me luck.
Over 2,500 people from South DakOTA, North DakOTA, and MinnesOTA (collectively, the OTA region) have joined us at this intersection over the past five years, and that number continues to grow. Add to that the relationships we’ve developed with over 80 global leaders in technology, entrepreneurship, community building, charities, branding, marketing, social media and movements, and the impact that OTA makes is clear.
On September 12, OTA comes to Fargo for the first time. And, we're bringing friends from throughout the region and around the country. Buses will be traveling from Sioux Falls and Minneapolis. Creatives will be caravanning from Bismarck and Rapid City. And, we'll be welcoming thought leaders from throughout the country including:
- riCardo crespo, C/C/O at Th13teen, Fmr Global Creative Chief at 20th Century Fox & Mattel.
- Greg Hartle, Entrepreneur, Founder of $10 And A Laptop, https://greghartle.com/
- Wes Eisenhauer, Frontman of Soulcrate, Photographer, http://weseisenhauerphotography.com/
- Cathy Brooks, Founder / Chief Human Officer, The Hydrant Club http://www.hydrantclub.com/our-pack/
- Ellen McGirt, Business Journalist, Fast Company Alum, Nervous Novelist
- Jason Robert, Founder of Team Better Block, http://teambetterblock.com/about/
- Larry Smith, Founder of Smith Magazine & Catalyst of Six Word Memoirs, http://www.smithmag.net/larrysmith/
- Lonnie Carter, Playwright of Lost Boys (and Girl) of Sudan, http://www.lonniecarter.com/bio.html
- Kevin Kirby, Ashoka Fellow, CEO and Co-Founder of Face It TOGETHER, http://www.wefaceittogether.org/why-face-it-together/our-team/kevin-kirby
- Tony Salvador, Director of Intel's Experience Insights Research, http://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/classmatePC/tsalvador.htm
- Elizabeth King, Founder and Executive Director of Agency for Emerging Voices, http://elizabethonline.com/
- Evan and Andrew from The Gregory Brothers, Creators of Auto-Tune The News, http://www.thegregorybrothers.com/
- Greg Brandeau, Author of Collective Genius, Fmr CTO of Walt Disney, Fmr SVP of Pixar and Walt Disney, Fmr Director of Operations at NeXT Computers,https://www.linkedin.com/pub/greg-brandeau/0/49/59b
- ...and house band, Bella Ruse, http://bellaruse.com/